Suggestions regarding AADHAR:
- Only the UIDAI should have control and access to the data. No other agency or department should have any access to the data base.
- Bio metric verification should not be done for every purpose. It should be considered only in case of any fraud or for national security reasons with proper safeguards.
- Linking of AADHAR with other services like Income tax, mobile, bank accounts, etc., should be totally prohibited. Instead the citizens may be required to provide only their AADHAR number to such agencies.
- Wherever the Agencies have any doubts they may refer the AADHAR numbers to the UIDAI who will verify and confirm the genuineness of the person.
- AADHAR should not be used as ‘Address proof’. Every time a person changes his/her residence either on account of job or for other reasons he/she is required to update his AADHAR DATA which is proving to be very cumbersome.
- The UIDAI has outsourced to a large number of persons the work relating to updating of AADHAR data with Bio metric verifications. This is a potential source of leakage of data and could lead to breach of safety and security of the information provided by the citizens. Hence UIDAI should have its own dedicated centres with adequate manpower for such purposes in all places.